1978 Brat GL
- 1600 ea71 Engine
- 4 speed, 4 Wheel Drive
- 145k on Odometer. Unknown on Engine.
- Rear Jumpseats and Headrests (no belts)
- Dunlop SP-20 185/70R13 tires with only about
2000 miles on them
- Original Jackman Wheels
- Brat Lid – Rare Dealer Option
- 9/77 Manufacture Date: one of the early ones...
- Runs, but seems to bog down sometimes. Might need carb rebuild.....
Recent Work Done
- Work done at a Shop: ($350)
- New Brakes all around
- New left front axle
- New Calipers (only 1 installed)
- New lower ball joints
- Replaced interior carpet ($40)
- Replaced seats ($30)
- Replace door panels, visors, door handles ($20)
- New plugs, wires, rotor, cap
- Oil just changed
- Replaced hood and right fender ($125)
- Repaired rust in floor. Bad areas Cut out, and new steel
riveted in, and sealed in and out with rubberized undercoating
- Repainted Grill and put on nice emblems
- Installed Rare Brat Lid (has some small edge
cracks, but only Lid known to the Internet community) ($200)
- Installed new Lock in Brat Lid ($10)
- Replaced Tailgate with one from WA state. No rust, but needs some dents pulled.
- Replaced Gas Filler Lid
- Repainted Original Jackman Wheels
- Replaced Mirrors ($5)
- Small rust holes have been filled with Steel
Putty type stuff.
- New Battery
- New Reproduction red stripe set ($130)
- "A" shaped pushbar
- Front bumper
- Rear sliding window ($25)
- Spare New Hood (has bend in drivers side rear
- New (rebuilt) left front caliper ($60)
- Extra set of front rotors ($40)
- New Heater Control Valve ($10)
- Bed Rails (some rust, but could be restored)
- New Coverlay Hard vinyl dash cover ($80)
- Spare turn signals
- AM Radio console from 78 Sedan
- Ignition Key/lock, and matching door locks from
- New Radio Antenna ($15)
- Subaru 4WD mudflaps for Gen1 ($15)
How I found it, sitting on a farm
Getting it home to my parents place
Checking out the situation....
The Interior Work Begins... The Bad Floors
Blue Seats and blue and Brown Interior pieces
Replaced Hood and Right Fender
Working on the Front End
Working on the Left Fender.... Before.. and After
Bed Panel Missing .. apparently cut out when hitch was put in???
Other Miscellaneous Shots
With the Brat Lid....